Last ten years our family diet is based on organic products only. When we got a baby her food had to be organic as well. Why did we do like this?
Because it’s best food you can give to your child
It’s clear that children are more vulnerable to different kinds of damage than adults, babies have small size and fast metabolism so if something comes from outside it would influence to them immediately. Last researches shown that children get four time more damage from pesticides than adults as well.
- Immature bodies of children are more sensitive to toxins in foods and prejudicialnesses in general. Their digestive system absorbs toxins more effective and easy, their kidneys are not able to remove whole unhealthy elements so toxins stay in the body and circulate over there;
- Babies eat usually a small range of products, their diet is very restricted one, what’s why the risk of pesticide influence has a high level;
- Whole food standards which are accepted in conventional agriculture production are oriented to adults but not children, so the level of pesticide can be really dangerous for small family members because they just can’t cope with such exposure;
- The organic food has better nutritious features than traditionally grown foods. Researches show that organic vegetable and fruit are richer with vitamin C, for example, and they contain more antioxidants. Same time grains which were gotten in organic processes have better protein content than non-organic ones;
- Well, at least the organic food is more delicious.
Because it doesn’t hurt to environment where you and your children live
- If farming would use less pesticides it would influence positive to environment, so the useful insects and different animal species can improve their population;
- The pollution of soils and ground waters would be decreased.
Because it’s profitable for farming
- The cost of pesticide isn’t cheap too, sometimes its price is comparable with fruits and vegetable those were exported to USA from Mexico. Moreover the workers on the fields are not exposed during the organic farming.
Take is as investment to future as yours are your children at least.